During the week commencing 14 April 2014 we began to make significant progress on the sculpture and wall pieces. We had managed to weight balance the main octagonal structure on the pivot and were starting to feel more confident with the piece.
Kath Howard and Jess Bent had now spray mounted the prints (printed at PCA’s Creation) to the hardboard which Martin France, Fine Art Technician had cut out. We were all really pleased with the results and received some positive comments from our peers.
We still needed to create a reflective quality to the inside of the sculpture and although we initially thought about using the roll of window tint we had salvaged, we felt that this would perhaps not be reflective enough for the kaleidoscopic element. Lee McDonald suggested buying some Mylar which is a reflective plastic sheeting. We managed to buy some from a local shop and myself and Maddy Crossley cut and spray mounted it to the inside of each side of the octagonal viewfinder.
Although, we had initially been quite worried about whether we would manage to complete this project on time, we were now feeling really positive with how the artwork was coming along and I was quite proud of how well we were working together as a team.